Reconnecting to What Matters Most
The pressure of modern life can easily trick us into believing that we have to keep doing more….faster. But our bodies, hearts, spirits, even our minds are often sending another message – sometimes subconsciously – that we actually need to focus our energy on what matters most, rather than scattering ourselves.
Retreats, a time-honored tradition from virtually every human culture, offer a chance to “pull back” into ourselves, giving us time off the hamster wheel of life’s responsibilities to reflect on what’s inside us.
“In retreat, I drank slowly from the fountain of wisdom, instead of trying to sip from a fire hydrant of chaos! I left renewed and refreshed, ready and truly able to give my best to all the people who are important to me. Thank you. – Middle School Science Teacher”
CourageWork retreats are custom-designed to meet the unique needs of participants (as individuals or members of organizations.) They can include:
- Exploring particular themes
- Addressing specific organizational challenges
- Enhancing team and leadership skills (e.g. communication, trust building, decision making, working with conflict and change, planning and prioritizing, holding difficult conversations, supervision, or managing polarities)
- Celebrating success
- Renewing energy, connection, and trust
- Nourishment for the mind, heart, body and spirit
Each retreat uniquely balances:
- the needs of individuals and needs of the group
- quiet reflection and activity
- consolidating or honoring what people already know and learning new approaches
When designing retreats, I work with you to blend a variety of approaches, including:
I have been leading retreats for over 10 years, and group learning experiences for over 25 years. Please contact me to discuss whether a retreat could help you or your group thrive.